Monday, March 31, 2008

The War Comes Home

This is one of the more intense articles that I have read as of late.

As I prepare for Marines Officer Candidate School this summer, the major sticking point that I keep coming back to is not my objection to the Iraq War, or my reluctance to act violently, or the potential opportunity costs of a summer not spent pursuing an internship on Wall Street or with some prestigious firm. What I think about most is the impact that being a Marine would have on my family. This article drives home the implications of serving in a whole new way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sylvie said...

Good luck this summer!but i am wondering what are your incentives on choosing to go to The Marine office candidates school?Anyway am wishing you the best of luck!!!

9:36 AM  
Blogger yawconne said...

The marines? You must be incentivized big time. Bon chance!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home